Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Diet Sandwich

So for lunch today I made a sandwich. Oh, it wasn't any normal sandwich! It was yummy.
Here's what the sandwich is dissected:

2 slices bread (Nature's Own Whitewheat)    120 calories
2 slices ham lunch meat                                    60 calories
lettuce                                                                  0 calories
tomato    (small)                                                  18calories
pickles (lots and lots)                                            0 calories
mustard                                                                 0 calories

Total: 198 calories


So basically, this was a 200 calorie sandwich. I conciously did not add cheese or mayonnaise, of which would significantly up the calorie count. I may do this sometimes but since I am starting out, I thought it wise not to.


Have this with perhaps some sauted vegetables or a piece of fruit would be an excellent lunch. This is my usual type of lunch to go to if nothing else is planned. All this, with fruit or sauteed vegetables at about 300 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment